SE¼ Sec 9, 3S, 1E
behind residence 1573 Old Woodville Hwy
The remainder of one wrought-iron fence about eight feet by ten feet stands in this graveyard plot of about 100 feet square behind, or east of, the residence at 1573 Old Woodville Highway. The cemetery was recorded in the 1940-41 survey of veterans' graves as Wakulla Cemetery and Plat 67; the graves of three veterans were recorded here at that time. Inscribed tombstones show years-of-death as recent as 1978, but the site was badly neglected and overgrown until members of the historical society began maintenance two years ago. It is now weedy but no longer strangled with woody growth.
The graveyard lies only 40 or 50 yards east of the Old Woodville Highway, the stones easily visible from the road across mowed spaces.
A verbal report of other graves close by, but hidden in an abandoned plot distinct from the subject Wakulla Cemetery, was given the historical society by Lambert Taylor of Sopchoppy. An attempt by the historical society to find such graves did not bring them to light.
Date of site report narrative - September 2001
Surveyed by members of the WCHS, July 2006
Some information taken from Register of Deceased Veterans 1940-41
Some of the information above is from The Vauses by Tanya Watts Lynn & JoAnn Roberts Hadland
Comments! Questions! Corrections! Email Us at email@example.com